Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Karisa's Quiche

I pulled this recipe together from watching a Food Network Show on Quiche's.  I took a little bit from each one they showed and turned it into my own.  It is excellent!

See Pie Dough Recipe

Quiche Ingredients:
4 eggs
1 cup half and half (I used fat free)
1 cup sour cream (I used fat free)
1 cup ham cut into cubes
1 cup bacon, diced
1/4 green bell pepper diced
1/4 red bell pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
1 cup mushrooms sliced
2 tablespoons minced cilantro
1/2 jalepeno pepper, minced
1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
1/2 stick butter melted (4 tablespoons)
salt and pepper to taste


Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Beat together eggs, and half and half. Set aside.

Mix melted butter with mushrooms, onion and peppers.  Bake on cookie sheet for about 10 minutes, until browned.  Remove from oven

In a separate bowl, mix ham, bacon, peppers, onion, mushrooms, jalapeno, cilantro, butter, cheese and sour cream.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Once mixed, fill pie crust.


Top off with the egg mixture.  Place in the oven until browned, mine took about an hour.  Once you remove, let the quiche stand for 10-15 minutes.  I did not wait the full 15 minutes, and due to all the veggies, it was a little watery.  The pieces that stayed in the pan were perfect!



*karisa*

1 comment: