Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pie Dough



This is my grandmas recipe for pie dough.  It is very easy and so far, has turned out every time.

I would suggest purchasing  something called a pie crust maker.  It forms the pie dough into a perfect circle as you roll it out.  You can see mine in the photos.

1 cup Crisco
3 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons water, mix these in and slowly add water if needed to get correct consistency.  You want to keep your pie dough firm.

You do not need to refrigerate your dough before you roll it out.  In this case I did, but it depends on how far ahead I plan out my recipe.

One other tip - you can see in the photo that I used saran wrap in the measuring cup before I added the Crisco.  This makes it much easier to clean out the measuring cup.


*karisa*

No comments:

Post a Comment