Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms



Due to the fact that I could eat mushrooms everyday, I am shocked that it took me so long to make stuffed mushrooms.  This was my first attempt ever and they were DELICIOUS!  I changed the recipe I found and added one of the other favorite ingredients, bacon.  I had always thought that stuffed mushrooms were really time consuming and hard to make. Boy was I wrong.  It ended up taking about 30 minutes after cutting everything up and pulling out the food processor.  The work was well worth it.  I halved the recipe I found and still had a bunch of filling left over.


Ingredients:
20 mushrooms, about 2 inches in diameter
1/2 onion chopped
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves chopped
2 sliced of crispy bacon, chopped
3 slice white bread
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon parsley
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper


Remove stem from mushrooms and finely chop, set aside.  Put cubed bread slices into food processor and chop into bread crumbs.  Add in olive oil, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.  Place in a baking pan and spread out.  Bake at 350 for about 6 minutes, allowing bread to dry out.  While bread is baking, saute chopped mushroom stems in butter for about 5 minutes.  Add in onion, bacon, garlic, oregano and remainder of salt & pepper.  Cook until onion is translucent and remove from heat.  Let the mixture cool and then add in bread crumbs, cheese and parsley.  


Place the mushroom caps stem side down in another baking dish.  Bake at 350 for around 10 minutes, or until the mushrooms start to loose water.  Remove from the oven and then stuff with mixture.  Bake at 350 for about 10 more minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment