Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Original Recipe found here.

Its been awhile since I have posted, for that I apologize!  Things have been busy and I have not had to time to edit photos and write up postings!  Here are the cupcakes I made for Valentines Day! (Yes, even though I haven't been posting, I am still cooking all the time!!)  To be honest, I haven't yet tried the cupcakes in their entirety.  I had some of the cake without the frosting. Tomorrow I will be taking them to work and I'll let you know how many minuted go by before they are all gone! =)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
1 cup buttermilk, room temperature
2 large eggs, room temperature
2 tablespoons red food coloring (if using the liquid, if not 1 tablespoon will be fine!)
1 teaspoon white distilled vinegar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract 

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line 12 cup muffin pans with cupcake papers.  You will get 2 batches out of this recipe.  You can also use as a cake recipe.

In a medium mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder. In a large bowl gently beat together the oil, buttermilk, eggs, food coloring, vinegar, and vanilla with a mixer.  The recipe suggested a hand-held, but I used my stand mixer.  Add the sifted dry ingredients to the wet and mix until smooth and thoroughly combined.

Divide the batter evenly among the cupcake tins about 2/3 filled. Bake in oven for about 20 to 22 minutes, turning the pans once, half way through. Test the cupcakes with a toothpick. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting. 

Frost with cream cheese frosting recipe, found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment