Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Peanut Brittle


This peanut brittle recipe is from my friends mom.  When I first met my friend, around 5 or 6 years ago, her mom gave my family her peanut brittle, and we have been hooked ever since.  This year she gave me the recipe and I just gave it a try.  This was a lot easier to make than expected (the hardest part is stirring).

Ingredients:
2 cups sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
16 oz bag raw peanuts (make sure you get raw!)
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda

Cook sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt over medium-high heat in a 3 quart sauce pan.  Stir continuously until you reach 275 degrees on a candy thermometer.  At 275, add in peanuts and continue to stir to 295 degrees.  Remove from heat and add in baking soda.  Pour on 2 cookie sheets, I used parchment paper to cover mine.  Break up when cools.

Over all, it took me about 20 minutes and a little bit of help from my husband.  I would suggest an extra pair of hands, to help with the stirring and thermometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment