Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Monday, September 27, 2010

Chicken Marsala

This is a recipe that I received from my mother-in-law and have made a couple of changes.  When I first started making it, I did not like Chicken Marsala at all, after adding more mushrooms(my favorite) I have come to like it a little bit more.  I really had no choice as this is my husband favorite dinner.

Ingredients:
3-4 chicken breasts
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (you can also use a mixture of basil and oregano)
Salt & Pepper
4 tablespoons olive oil
1 12 oz bottle of Marsala Cooking Wine
1/2 cup water
3 tablespoons flour
about 3 cups mushrooms sliced (the amount is up to you, I use more like 4 cups)

Pound out chicken breasts and cut in half.  Mix flour, parsley, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper in a shallow round dish.  Dip and cover each piece of chicken breast with mixture.  Add olive oil to a frying pan on medium heat.  Once heated, add each piece of chicken breast.  Let this cook on each side for about 7 to 10 minutes, until browned.  The chicken should be fairly thin and will not take long to cook.  Add Marsala Wine and let it cook down, about 10 to 15 minutes.  Add mushrooms and cover for about 8 minutes.  Mix water and 3 tbsp. flour, slowly mix into frying pan, whisking as you pour to avoid lumps.  Stir until the sauce thickens.  Serve over mashed potatoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment