Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mushroom Artichoke Tortellini


There are some days when I have nothing planned to cook and really don't feel like eating out.  When those days come, I try to pull something together out of what I have in the fridge/pantry.  This is one of those recipes.  I threw it together and it ended up tasting really good.  I was surprised at that flavor of the sauce.  This is definitely a quick, easy meal that can be thrown together.  Leave a comment below....let me know what you put together when there is nothing really planned!

Ingredients:

1 cup mushrooms slice, more if you like mushrooms
1 1/2 cup artichoke hearts, mine were halves, so I cut them up into smaller pieces
1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
1 can tomato sauce
1 can tomato paste
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 package tortellini
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped garlic, about 2 cloves

Saute mushrooms in olive oil and garlic.  Once tender, add in artichoke hearts, tomato sauce, tomato paste and chicken broth.  Stir to mix everything together.

Cook tortellini according to directions.  Timing is everything with the tortellini.  They only take around 10 minutes to cook and you DO NOT want to over cook them...then they start falling apart and don't look appetizing.

Once the tortellini is a couple minutes from being finished, add green onions to sauce.  Serve sauce over tortellini and garnish with fresh parsley and shredded Parmesan cheese.


1 comment: