Thanks for stopping by! If you try a recipe let me know what you think of it!

Please let me know of any changes you made or suggestions you have.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Spicy Peanut Butter Pasta with Chicken

Original recipe found here.


In the past I had tried a different Thai Chicken Pasta recipe....it turned out terrible.  The leftovers the next were pretty good, weird how that happens.  I decided to give this another try.  I found a different recipe online and added some of the elements from the other recipe I had tried a while ago.  I know that this combination sounds weird, but it tastes really good.  The sauce has a slight kick and the peanut butter flavor isn't too over powering.  This Thai Chicken Pasta recipe is one that I would definitely make again.

Ingredients:
2-3 chicken breasts, sliced
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup chicken broth
3 tablespoons soy sauce
2 big teaspoons chili paste, I used Siracha
2 chicken breasts, sliced
1/2 pound angel hair pasta
1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
For garnish - chopped peanuts and cilantro sprinkled over the top at the end

Cook pasta according to directions.  Cook sliced chicken in frying pan with a dash of olive oil.  Fry until browned.  While pasta and chicken is cooking, combine peanut butter, chicken broth, soy sauce, ginger and lime juice in a small pan over medium heat.  Whisk continuously.  As the mixture heats up it will begin to thicken.

Once thickened, combine with chicken.  Drain pasta and serve with sauce over the top.  Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro.


No comments:

Post a Comment